Privacy & Security
This web site is owned and operated by Scrubs & Beyond, LLC. Here at Scrubs & Beyond®, we understand that many visitors to our web site are concerned about the information they provide and how we treat that information. We hope this Privacy Statement addresses those concerns, but please contact us if you have any questions. We may update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time, so if you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this Privacy Statement periodically. We will post the date that this Privacy Statement was last updated at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, the term “web site” includes all Scrubs & Beyond internet sites and mobile applications.
Scrubs & Beyond's postal address is: 823 Hanley Industrial Court, Brentwood, Missouri 63144
Securing your information is a company priority, and we use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, the standard for performing secure transactions.
Personal information that is maintained in our offices is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
Our web site and social media pages may provide links to other web sites owned or operated by third parties as a convenience to our visitors. We have no control over linked sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. We are not responsible for the content of those sites. Links are not intended to imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement. Such linked sites may have privacy policies that differ from this Privacy Statement. The terms of this Privacy Statement do not apply to any third-party web sites that are accessed from links found on our web site or social media pages.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
Scrubs & Beyond collects the information described below via our web site and social media pages. In the case of any third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other web sites, such third parties may also collect information. We recommend that you review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Scrubs & Beyond is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Scrubs & Beyond through our web site and other social media. Some examples include when you:
- Create an account on our web site;
- Place an order or make a purchase from us;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law;
- Request customer service, e-mails or catalogs or contact us;
- Submit a story, testimonial, rating or review, participate in any live chat session, comment on any blog posting, or provide other content that may be posted on the web site or any of our social media sites;
- “Follow,” “like” or otherwise connect with us on any of our social media pages; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information that we collect may include contact and payment information such as your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide to us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Information That Others Provide to Us
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
Information That Is Automatically Collected
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our web site, social media pages, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the web site to work correctly, to evaluate use of the web site, and to support web site analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring web site, if any, and the path you take through our web site.
- We use "cookies" to recognize you as you use or return to our web site. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a web site or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our web site and other sites were effective.
USE OF INFORMATION.
Scrubs & Beyond uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To provide customer service and send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, web sites, social media pages and advertising;
- To register and service your account; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our web site and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect with offline information, including information from third parties.
We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
Scrubs & Beyond may sell or rent your postal address (but not your e-mail address or telephone number) to other companies that we believe may offer products or services of interest to you.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our web site. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Scrubs & Beyond maintains facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances, including when the sharing is necessary to protect Scrubs & Beyond, our customers, our employees, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Scrubs & Beyond may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Scrubs & Beyond or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION.
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your express consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail. Opt-out means we consider your consent is implied but will stop the activity on your request.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE E-MAIL, MAILINGS, OR TELEPHONE CALLS FROM US IN THE FUTURE, OR IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO SHARE YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS WITH OTHER COMPANIES OR ORGANIZATIONS, PLEASE LET US KNOW BY SENDING US E-MAIL AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS, CALLING US AT THE ABOVE TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR WRITING TO US AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Please provide your exact name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. There is no charge for this service. Your request may take a few days to process and take effect, but we will be sure to process your request promptly.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Scrubs & Beyond takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
AD SERVER COMPANIES.
- If you have created an account on our web site, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information.
- Contact us at the email, phone number or postal address listed above.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
CHILDREN. Children's privacy is important to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. Any communication we get that is identified as being from a child under 13 will not be kept by Scrubs & Beyond.
Last Updated: February 1, 2013